Wednesday 2 June 2010

Chettle House gardens

I found another reason to love the D80 and the little Nikon 35mm F1.8 prime at the weekend.

I recently had a car smash and have a lot of chest and soft tissue strain injuries. I simply can't hold a D700 and F2.8 zoom at the moment. I have been trying to get out for a walk for a few hours here and there to aid getting back to fitness (and avoid boredom insanity!) and found I can manage the lightweight D80 and this little prime as long as I don't reach or have to get into awkward positions....yay!

So as well as a walk-around, travel and low light lens it is now a lens for one with compromised physical ability!

I actually think the sharpness and bokeh is top grade for a lens of this price and the AF is spot-on, even at wide apertures. If you are a DX shooter with a kit zoom, this lens will add a new dimension in creativity with its image quality, depth of field control and low-light capability.

I consider it to be one of Nikon's most important recent lenses because it brings such important creative qualities to the budget-conscious photographer at a sensible price, when so much new kit is priced into the stratosphere and wholly inaccessible.

The 35mm F1.8G DX...don't leave home without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment